Apartment Therapy surveyed 80 designers to find out what trends will be rooting in our homes in 2021.
Here are a few of our top takeaways. Read the article for lots more insights.
- Boucle and vegan leather are likely to become more popular textiles as people take comfort in warm textures
- Doing everything from home means custom cabinetry and DIY cabinets are becoming more in demand
- 65% of respondents said rounded furniture silhouettes will curve into our rooms
- Meditation zones will become a new focus, even shifting away from home offices, as people prioritize self-care
- Closed floor plans may make a comeback as people recognize the need for their own spaces
- 60% of polled designers said warm minimalism will break out, offering cozy design elements that are still tidy and uncrowded
- Fluted furniture and decor may be everywhere as a way to add texture to a room
- Muted tones are likely to be more popular than bright colors