Is your home feeling not quite as haunted as you’d like this Halloween? We gathered our favorite simple, spooky DIY decorations that use easy-to-find items and only take a few minutes to complete, but still look horror-ible as part of a table centerpiece or on display wherever you choose.
- Gather supplies: White pillar candle, red taper candle, dish, lighter
- Place the white candle on the dish
- Light the red candle
- Allow the red wax to drip on the white candle and harden
- Display the finished product and light the white candle!
- Gather supplies: jar, roll of gauze, googly eyes or white and black paper, LED tea light, glue stick
- Wrap gauze around the jar, starting at the top and leaving space for the eyes
- Use glue stick to attach googly eyes (or cut out paper eyes and glue them on)
- Turn on tea light and place it in the jar!
- Gather supplies: thin-gauge yarn in several colors, ribbon (optional), scissors
- Loop yarn in a circle and cut from ball
- Cut a separate thread and tie it around the loop (this will be the hanger)
- Cut the ends off the loop
- Tie another color yarn as eyes and trim the ends
- If desired, tie ribbon around the “neck”
Need a new home to haunt?