Buying a home you love should be exciting, not stressful. That simple concept has been at the heart of Flyhomes since we launched in 2016 and it continues to drive us as we grow. We’re excited to share that we’re now able to help even more homebuyers in this record-setting housing market.
We raised $150M in a Series C round co-led by venture capital firms Norwest Venture Partners and Battery Ventures, with additional participation from Balyasny Asset Management, Fifth Wall, Trustbridge Partners, Camber Creek, Zillow co-founder Spencer Rascoff, and existing investors Andreessen Horowitz and Canvas Ventures.
Putting people first has carried us through buying and selling $2.6 billion in homes so far. We’re thrilled that we’ve been able to simplify the process for thousands of homebuyers so they can win in competition, save money, and finish faster.
- Our homebuyers are four times more likely to win in a bidding war than buyers working with traditional agents.*
- Flyhomes buyers win without being the highest bidder more than half the time, and the savings on the home sales price versus the highest competing offer is 2.4% on average and can be as high as 10%.**
- You can move into your new home in 10 days with Flyhomes—35 days sooner than in a traditional setting. ***
The new funding will help us work with more homebuyers in our current markets of Seattle, the Bay Area, Los Angeles, San Diego, Portland, and Boston, to launch new markets, and to continue to innovate.
The first five years of Flyhomes are behind us and there are many more to come! At this moment in our story, we’re thankful for so many people who have helped us grow—especially the homebuyers who have chosen to work with us. Thank you all!
Want to know more? We’re in the news!
- Forbes: Real Estate Startup Flyhomes Valued At More Than $800 Million After New Funding Round
- GeekWire: Flyhomes raises $150M as it expands across U.S. and aims to change the way people buy homes
- Seattle Times: Seattle homebuying startup Flyhomes draws $150 million in new funding
- Crunchbase: Flyhomes Raises $150M To Streamline Homebuying
- HousingWire: Cash-offer giant Flyhomes nabs $150M in Series C round
And our new investors are sharing, too!
- Norwest: Buy a Home with Ease with Flyhomes
- Battery: It’s a Red-Hot Real Estate Market—and Technology Can Help You Win
- Fifth Wall: Fifth Wall Joins Flyhomes’ $150M Series C Round
Read our press release for additional detail.
* Flyhomes analysis of all offers in 2021 on which Flyhomes submitted a bid
** Flyhomes 2020 internal data
*** (November 2, 2020). “How long does it take to close on a house?” Quicken Loans.